Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Changes are a comin'...

Hey gang,

For those of you who read this blog that don't know me well, I have been trying to relocate to Asheville, NC for many years. Anyone who has ever ventured forth to those far shining mountains knows well the awesomeness that is Asheville, NC. It has its own aura of craft beer drinkin', mountain activity participatin', mellow vibes absorbin' goodness. Generally speaking people that live there are pretty stoked to be doing so.

I love mountains, always have. As a Bike-cycle enthusiast, camping enjoyer, backpacker, fly fisher, and occasional kayaker...the mountains are a literal playground for me.

Where was this when I was a young lad!?!

Since meeting FW and our mutual decision to start our lives together in said mountains, I have been madly searching for gainful employment in "The Land of the Sky". Dividing my time between our home there and my home in SW Union County has been difficult and my poor red truck has taking the toll. On the plus side I am now intimately familiar with everyone who works at a Cook Out on either I-85, NC 321, and I-40 between SW Union County and Asheville, NC. 

Oh, you fancy huh!?!

So... 

It is with great relief, and a bit of bittersweetness, that I announce that I will be officially moving to our home in the hills next week. Somehow, somewhere, someone thought I was worthy of being paid a sum of money in exchange for my daily labors and for this I am mucho stoked.

My new place of internment...er'...ah...I mean employment is Cane Creek Cycling Components located in Fletcher, NC.



These folks make the best parts for Bike-cycles around. Headsets, seatposts, brake levers, and now shocks for fully suspended Bike-cycles. They've been in the game for a while and have a rock solid reputation for quality, affordability, and general radness. Plus they're a good ole' NC company and make everything from scratch, in house, without outsourcing to some foreign realm. 

Needless to say I am mucho excited to be delving into the seedy underbelly of the Bike-cycle industry. Can I call myself and "industry insider" now? I hope not... That would require arguing with complete strangers on Bike-cycle forums about wheel sizes and why 29'ers are indeed not "gay".

The best part of all of this is that I get to spend everyday with FW and our animals. 

Family...That's what its all about. 



Now for no reason, here is a video of some Cane Creek employees testing the new shock in our NC mountains...

enjoy.



USA USA USA

No comments:

Post a Comment