Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Recap....





Wow...

One week under us as a married couple and K.A.W. and I are still together.

In your face Kardashians!!!

The past week was super short for me being that we were on our mini-honeymoon in Edisto Island, SC. I only worked Thursday and then it was off for three days of rad-getting in the mountains around our AVL home.

Friday was chore day so I got-em-done and K.A.W and I headed to Montreat, NC aka the scene of the crime, for a little day hiking with the pups. Old Toll Rd. to Lookout Mtn. and back. nice 3-4 miler in some of the prettiest mountains around... Plus its where we were wed so there's that...


"Potential harmful specie"?










     Saturday arrived and I had made plans with JR of Etowah to get awesome on some Pisgah singletrack. With the pre-wedding, wedding, and post wedding fun I had not had time to get in a decent ride in several weeks. A combination of too much Pabsts, junk food, and laying about and my fitness was at close to an all time low. A proper Pisgah ride was just what I needed to kickstart the ole' lungs and legs back into fighting form.

But I didnt want to kick too hard to soon. A nice and easy 15 miler up and around the Fish Hatchery was the plan. Up 475B, Cove Creek, Daniels Ridge, Long Branch and then the piece de resistance.... Cat Gap. Cat is a seasonal trail meaning once all the tourists leave for the season it opens up to bike-cycles. Its like Christmas morning when the seasonal goodies open for the winter...

All in all it was a fair ride and we even ran into some other duders out there taking advantage of some seasonal delights as well...

On a side note JR will be leaving Gods Country, USA aka Pisgah for greener pastures in Harrisonburg, VA. God speed sir and all the best and what not...

We'll miss ya man...

duders enjoying seasonal delicacies

Hucks to flat arent advisable on a hardtail...


gnar


Saturdays ride in the books and it was on to more fun in the forest. 

David G and son were on the way up to camp and fly fish and I was put in charge of finding them a campsite off the beaten path. I picked out an old stand by I keep in my back pocket for just such occasions. I set my tent up and waited for them to arrive. Soon enough David G and son were setting up and we were all getting ready to engage in mountainfuntimes. The best part was K.A.W was coming too. 

I let David and son have a little family time and I wandered off to scout our fishing section for the next day. It was great being out there as the sun was setting. I hooked a few and spooked a few and eventually made my way back to camp by moonlight.

K.A.W had arrived and we all set around telling stories and having an awesome time in the woods.

The tent stands alone

The Bear inspecting dinner...


s'mores...

Da Goose can haz s'morez??

K.A.W aka S'more Machine

Sunday we woke up, packed up and hit the river. K.A.W set off to solo it up Looking Glass Rock with the dogs and so we departed. David G and son and I bushwacked through the forest and hit the river running. The beautiful scenery proved to be more abundant than the fish. We ended up with two in hand and smiles all around. Plus it was great that David and son could get out for a little father/son time. Good to see he's raisin' em right...in the heart of Gods Country, USA.






K.A.W even had a nice adventure hiking up Looking Glass. It was crowded but nice none-the-less. Plus the pups needed a good adventure and a nice climb up a giant rock seemed to do the trick.


too many s'mores... 



On the way out I swung by and met her as she was coming down and we ended our weekend together out in the beautimus of the forest.

We're totally crushing this marriage thing...

Catch ya later on, later on folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment