Friday, October 24, 2014

Night rides... er uh...runs??

Well Friday has dawned and let us all raise our beers in celebratory shotguns!!

Well, its ok to not shotgun a beer this early in the morning. Your boss might not care for that sort of behavior and Debbie in accounting is a tattle tale...am I right!?

On a serious and relevant note...it is indeed Friday. Let the RadFestWeekend commence. I dunno about you but Im stoked on this weather and if you arent getting outside for a bit over the next few days you totes should. Its great.

The last few days here in AVL-LVN have been nice. The pups and I had a nice walk on the MST which is always great. Hard to complain about life when a 1000 mile, cross state hiking trail goes through your backyard. Its like having a wilderness oasis in the middle of the city. You never know what you might come across.

The Goose and The Bear enjoy it immensely...


enjoyment face...





Last night I went for a mountain bike-cycle ride with Jim, a dude I knew from down in the flatlands many years ago. As fate would have it we both ended up here and working a the same company. Weird... Jim is a hell of a mountian bikecycler and an all around good dude. We met at Bent Creek to join a Thursday riding tradition that has been going for many years. Some of us were on moutain rides, others were pushing Cross bikes so it was a fun group.

The ride went great up to the point that it didnt...

I flatted coming down Sidehill and, as luck would have it, couldnt get the lock ring off my tubeless valve stem. Jim used his giant engineer brain and determined that galvanized valve stems dont play well with aluminum lock rings... thats sciencebikenerd talk for FUBAR'd valve stem.

So with me unable to put a tube in I was left walking out...approx 2-3 miles. Jim was an awesome dude and rolled out to meet me halfway with the car. I started pushing out but quickly realized that this was going to take forever. So I thought "running is faster than walking right?"and so I ran out to the road where Jim was waiting. Just one more reason riding flats is awesome.

A bike ride/unplanned trail run and all was well.  Except my valve that has to be surgically removed from the rim. hmmmm...

On to the Booze and Tunes!!

This weeks beer of choice is Duck Rabbit Brewing's Milk Stout. To me the cooler temps and short days always make me thirsty for dark beers. Stout Weather I like to call it. DR are the "Dark Beer People" and they nailed it with this one. Best of all its made in good ole' Farmville, NC, USA...

'MERICA!!



Drink a good'n plenty of em this weekend...

Music to get ya going is this sweet cover of YES's "Owner of a Lonely Heart". That song is a classic and new/jam/prog bluegrass group Trampled By Turtles does it well. With synthesizer effects and all. Bill Monroe is probably rolling in his grave but whatever. Im stoked that so much good 'Grass is getting picked now-a-days. Might have to drink a DR and pluck the ole' minnow dipper myself sometime this weekend.


The video wont upload so click here to get weird...

anywhooooooooo,

I release you'ns to the weekend. Now go kick some ass and have a hell of a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment