Friday, March 13, 2015

What in the hey....

And once again light has pierced the cold darkness of winter and the world is awash in the glowing effervescent rays of golden sun....





In other words its light outside much later than it has been.

We have come to the end of another week here in the Life of Banjo. Ashevilletown has been under constant threat of trail-destroying rain and outside radness has been limited. Not much going on this week other than a few rides and a few beers and sitting in anticipation of the weekend to be. Not sure what K.A.W has planned for us other than some fine forest fun and sun. Hopefully we can dodge the precipiation because a weekend spent inside doing grow up, responsible things sounds awful. We have been delaying some minor house improvements here at Greenview Manor and rain = Banjo must stay home and complete aforementioned chores...

No beuno.

Otherwise it looks swell. K.A.W is working the Asheville Marathon on Sunday so I know I'll be getting out for some sort of adventure for sure. Plans are TBD...

This past Monday I went out on my first annual day lit parkway road ride of 2015. It wasn't much to brag about but it was pretty tops riding a road bike, after work, in the daylight, in a National Park 1000 yards from my house. Can't complain about that too much, Hopefully these weekly road rides will help to expedite my fitness goals and get me closer toward fun mountaincycle racing in a few short weeks. If nothing else its good for the soul to get out and cruise around one of America's greatest roads...




Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads...


Yesterday it was much too nice to just sit around Greenview so The Bear and I tooled it on up to some trails down the road a-ways. Since Thelma Lou was out of commission with a shot drive train form last weekends Squirrel Epic attempt, I rode Charlene Darling. Its been a hot minute or two since I threw a leg over a full suspension, all mountain shred sled.


trails down the road a-way's...


The bear is nonplussed by the change of daylight hours...



It took a little getting used to the weight but after a while I straightened out. The trails I rode are a mix of square edged rocks, fast and smooth, and sketchy off camber roots. Perfect trail for getting prepped for step three in my K.O.P series of hating life on a bikecycle this summer...




The Pisgah Enduro.



Signed up to race both days in faraway, exotic, and beautiful Old Fort, NC. I decided to race in the Expert Class because... I dunno. Go big or Go home. Its just me but I'd rather get Dead F'n Last in Expert than finish mid-pack in Sport Class. Knowing that I'm racing against folks much faster than me usually makes me step my game up and hopefully lead to good riding. Most importantly I'm going to have a kick-ass time, with kick-ass folks, and drink some beers while I'm at it.


Well that's it folks,

Hope you and your'ns have a killer weekend and for the love of Daylight Savings Time get outside and do something with your life!

Make the most of it because you never know when this ride ends...

Party On.

No comments:

Post a Comment