Friday, October 31, 2014

Flats, Friday, and Freaking snow... tires too.

Friday!

well hello there...

This will be brief cause its Halloween and I have 11354 pieces of candy to eat before K.A.W gets home. I also have chores and a bike ride to attend with some Charlotte dudes. Cant be late cause Im playing tour guide and its alot of woods to show around.

Its also supposed to snow like 23 feet here tonight so theres that... I almost forgot I was living in the mountains until it went from 70 degress to 30 over night and now its supposed to snow...on Halloween...great...



I went for a ride last night with some work folks. My mountainbikecycle is still off line so I had to ride the crosscyclebikecycle. I had torn a hole in the tire bead of my mountaincycle on last Thursday's ride/run and its not worth repairing so these are on the way...

Add caption
Maxxis Ardents. A good, decent tire. Nothing too aggressive but likes to get rowdy.

So last night I wasnt alone crosscycling around Bent Creek. A few of the other folks brought their crosscycles to ride and it was good clean fun. But!... I flatted twice on the same ride. This makes me 2 for 2 on Thursday night rides and 3 for 4 on flatting the last 4 times Ive ridden the crosscyclecrossbikecycle. So after determining that my Kenda small block 8's arent enough for the gnar of Bent Creek gravel roads (HA!) I have a set of these on the way...


WTB Nano race crosscyclecrossgravelbikecycle tires. They come highly reviewed and look to be tough enough for the super gnar gnar of light duty gravel roads... I hope. 

Something I would really like to do is go tubeless but K.A.W and my savings account doesnt like the idea of dropping $500 on a set of tubeless wheels... So we'll see how these bad boys roll and hopefully this will lead to flat-free cyclogravelcrosscrosbikecycle fun.



In other news...

Halloween is tonight so for in honor of it and/or because of it here is your Booze & Tunes for this day...

I have it under good authority that this actually works and delivers pumpkin beer to your face quickly. Now, the person who told me this was yelling at a fire hydrant downtown and had leaves in his beard but he seemed legit...


Seriously its Halloween. Just drink something good and hand out candy to strange children. 

Musix for today will be a sampling of what we will be blasting out of the house as small children and their parents approach our home to receive candied treats. K.A.W wanted "The Monster Mash" but nothing says "satan's favorite holdiay" like some Dave Mustaine... So crank it to 11 and rip...



IHappy Halloween and have a rad weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment