Thursday, August 7, 2014

Random Thursday Post...

Well I left off with the remainder of my weekend unaccounted for...

It was pretty uneventful.

I did a group ride with Liberty Bikes and my friends Emily W. (of Curtis Creek Road shitrainfog trip) and Short Travel Nate. We rode Bent Creek did 11 miles with the group then hammered out another 9 or so with just the three of us.

Saturday night I attended a Party at our neighbors house and had too much to drink and had thoughtful and in depth discussion about the rise of the Populist Movement in turn of the 20th century rural North Carolina...

..............

I woke up Sunday with my body not sure if it was hungover or not. Drank a gallon of water, ate a banana, and took off up the Craggy Mountains with Emily W. and her husband Fat Bike Craig for a Parkway road ride.

37 miles and an 11 pound burrito later, I was asleep on the couch just in time for FW to arrive home from her first bridal shower.

Unpacked gifts and crashed hard.

Ive been working since then not doing much of nothing.

Thats about it.

Yesterday though, I got back out on the Parkway and did a fun run up to Bull Gap. It was a very pleasant ride with very little traffic. Im really starting to enjoy this Parkway road riding... Dont tell my mountain bike friends...

I have concluded though that besides Obama, the most hated thing in America is people on bikes. Folks just seem really pissed at me using "THEIR" road...

Whatever...

Here are some pictures...



Tunnels are scary as shit on a road bike. 

dick move there Joe...

# 1 reason to ride road bikes.

See ya'll tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment