Monday, November 3, 2014

Straight outta AVL!!!

Crazy mother trucker named Banjo....


Hey folks,

Weekend recap will be a little short today. As I'm typing having just returned from a whirlwind trip around the state (well sorta) and I'm wore slap out.

Here we go...

Friday:

Started out with a nice mountaincycle ride with some dudes from Charlotte. They needed some help getting showed around, and up, and down Bent Creek so I obliged them. Ended up doing a nice 15 miler or so and taking advantage of the sun before Wintersnowapocolyptalsuckfest 2014. Rad times were had by all and I'm sure I wont be seeing the last of them at BC...

Morabito gettin' er' done' on a log pile... with only half a fork too!

Blurry gnar gnar of yours truly...


"Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me free candy even though I never asked politley nor dressed up for the occasion...oh and Im 17 years old..."

What happened to Trick or Treating? The festive holiday of giving out large quantities of sugar to strange children dressed in costumes... when costumes were mandatory? Apparently that's not the case any more. Dont get me wrong, plenty of kiddies dressed up, asked politely "Trick or Treat" and were rewarded with many a "fun size" candy (on a tangent the "fun size" is not fun at all nor ever will be. Whats fun about less candy... a Butterfinger the size of a cinder block??... now thats F'n fun!). However, many "children"... I say with quotation/rabbit ear finger thing in the air..."Children", because many seemed to be 15+ years old and didnt have any semblance of a costume on at all... WTF?

Trick or treating is over at 13. Done. 14 year old's and up should be out making mischief and trying to score beer at the local gas station like normal High Schoolers. Get it together Millennials.

All this aside not a "child" was turned away and they all received a maximum of 3 pieces of candy. Despite the rain and cold, Halloween at Greenview Manor was a success...

A special thanks to Mom and Dad Morton for assisting us with the handing out candy to the chilrun...




Papa Mo' showing us Trick or Treating is hard work...

After that it was a few more libations and off to bed.

Saturday:

We awoke to find the Wintersucksnowapocolyptalsuckfest 2014 had exploded all over Greenview Manor. And, much to my chagrin there wasn't nary a drop of milk or crumb of bread to be found inside...



Never the less we endeavored to persevere. So The Bear and I set out on foot to face the great white menace head on... much like the brave mountain men who carved their lives out of the rhododendron and laurel a hundred years ago... Or simply put... we went hiking!



The Bear enjoying the snow...

I always take advantage of snow to get out and put on my expensive winter gear that only gets used a few times every season. However, now that Im full timing it up in the hills, expect to see many more posts and pics of me doing dumb things out in the cold.

After we returned, K.A.W and I headed down the mountain to for some family time down in the flatlands. We had to attend an old and dear friends baby shower. The best part is that these folks know how to throw a damn baby shower! Ice cold beers flowed like snow melt off of a seventy pound Labrador and we all reminisced about olden times and made plans to have more future times.

Sunday:

My nephew/greatest human on planet earth was being baptized and I wouldn't miss this for the world. Im an Episcopalian so our baptisms are a little different than most folks... Its very much like this...


In all seriousness it was great and awesome to see my family. I dont get to see them near as often as I like but thankfully they're just a few short hours down hill.

After the christening, It was off to Mooresville, NC, USA for a bridal shower for our dear and close friends Shawn and Tiff who will be nuptualizing it in a few weeks. It was fun to meet their folks and they were showered as good as it gets. Once the showering had ceased it was back up to AVLUSA and home...


I hope you all had a killer weekend and here's to Monday! may it lead to Tuesday, and then Wednesday and so on and so forth until whenever... 

whatever...

Talk at ya later...







No comments:

Post a Comment